Thursday, January 19, 2012

What We're Making: Sweet, Sweet Pillow Talk

After the severity of my last post (no severed-head pun intended), I thought I'd lighten the
'S Wonderful mood with a little between-the-sheets story and some sewing show-and-tell.

Excerpt from an actual conversation Mr. W and I had in bed the other night (for the record, we were clothed): 

Me: I think something just hit me in the face. Did it fall out of your nose?

Mr. W: Uh, no pretty sure it didn't.

Me: Really? Because I could swear I felt something...

Mr. W: Nope. [Subtext: I am not the gross one in this relationship. If anyone is going to shoot nose floaters, it's you, Old Lady Washcloth Face.]

Me: Kinda makes me think of that time I fish-hooked your nostril with my pinky.

Mr. W: That was so funny!

Me: I think you just spit on my face.

Now I have to compose myself after rereading the fish-hook-nose blog. I had forgotten just how funny that was...Anyway...

There was another kind of pillow activity going on here last week after I bought some cushions at Home Goods for our fireplace hearth.

 
Fancy, aren't they?

My plan was to recover them in fabric I had left over from making pillows for our couch. And after much cursing and fumbling with my sewing machine, I reoriented myself with how to operate it and turned the cushions from green to gorge:



 

Now our guests will have two more comfortable options for resting their tooshies. Next, I'm going to sew myself a few handkerchiefs to keep in the nightstand drawer in case Mr. W continues to spit on my face in bed.

8 comments:

  1. Nice job! Love the pillows. You are becoming quite the seamstress and I am very proud and happy that you are carrying the legend on. Once again, you are winning the mom contest! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nose floaters....now there's a new phrase. Hey - We need someone to make some covers for some cushions at church. Since you are unemployed currently, and know how to sew, could you help me out? Jesus would smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pillow talk conversations. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Love the re-covered cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our pillow talk conversations are like --

    Me: "You just farted, didn't you."

    Him: "Yes."

    Me: "You couldn't do that BEFORE you came to bed?"

    Him: "It's not my fault. It all settles when I lie down."

    So I'm sure him spitting on my face is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom - I'm trying but I don't think I will ever be as good as you!

    Sister - I could probably handle that. Never a bad idea to do something that looks good to the big man...

    Sizzle - I seem to recall some similar funny conversations between you and Mr. Darcy!

    Stacey - That is hilarious! In our relationship, I would probably be the one using the "it settles" defense. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahah!! nose floaters...

    Lurve the pillows! they're totally gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go with your sewing machine skillz! (That is how you say it now, trust me.)

    ReplyDelete

Well, whatdya think?